Barron Smith Daugert provides registered agent services through its affiliate corporation, BD Services Corporation
WHAT IS A REGISTERED AGENT?
Every entity that must file with the State of Washington to form or do business in Washington, including corporations (profit and nonprofit), limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships, limited partnerships or a general cooperative association, must have a Registered Agent and keep the Secretary of State informed of any change in either the identity of the Registered Agent or its address. As a requirement to serve as the Registered Agent of an entity, the Registered Agent must have a street address and mailing address in the State of Washington. As a convenience to our clients we established and registered BD Services Corporation (“BD Services”), an affiliate of Barron Smith Daugert, PLLC, as a commercial registered agent in the state of Washington, to provide Registered Agent Services in the State of Washington. RCW 23.95.400, et. seq.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF BD SERVICES AS REGISTERED AGENT
The responsibilities of BD Services as Registered Agent are:
1. To accept service of process if a claim is brought. If a lawsuit is commenced against your corporation (profit and nonprofit), limited liability company and limited liability partnership, limited partnership or general cooperative association, a summons and complaint may be served on BD Services at 300 N. Commercial Street in Bellingham. When BD Services accepts service of process on behalf of a company, one of its agents will attempt to contact the company, first by email communication and then by mail. If the company does not respond to these communications at the last email or address provided to us by our client, BD Services cannot take any further action. Failure to respond to service of process may result in a default judgement against the company. It is the company’s responsibility to keep BD Services updated with its current contact information.
2. To Forward Notices From Various State Agencies. From time to time, BD Services receives notices from various State Agencies (i.e. Secretary of State, Business Licensing or Department of Revenue. These notices will be forwarded by BD Services via email communication and then by mail, if necessary, to the company at its last know address. For example, BD Services receives the Annual Report Notice on behalf of a company – if we do not have current contact information on record, the Annual Report may not be timely filed with the Secretary of State, which may eventually result in the State administratively dissolving the company rendering it unable to conduct business in Washington State. Again, It is the company’s responsibility to keep BD Services Corporation updated with its current contact information.
BENEFITS OF BD SERVICES, REGISTERED AGENT SERVICE:
1. Stability. If a company moves locations, BD Services will continue to receive important information on the company’s behalf, protecting the company from possible default judgments against it or possible administrative dissolution by the State.
2. Convenience. BD Services maintains a duplicate “digital” record book on behalf of the company. All corporate records received are copied and placed in our digital record book and then forwarded to you. This allows your company to have a complete set of documents, off premises, for safekeeping. In addition, BD Services has convenient access to your records at all times should you need copies.
3. Reliability. All mail received by BD Services is forwarded the same day as it is received. Our clients are important to us and we treat each company as if it is our own.