Phone: (360) 733-0212
Pam Mannino, EP
Probate and Trust Administration
Olivia J. Burkland
Olivia’s probate and trust administration practice focuses on assisting family members and professionals with the proper execution of her client’s estate plan. This may include aspects of family counseling, tax planning, or even drafting agreements to correct mistakes. Her estate planning practice includes documents such as wills, revocable trusts, powers of attorney and health care directives. When planning is done with care and a commitment to the wishes of the client, it becomes something helpful rather than a hindrance at a very difficult time for those around you.
Olivia enjoys giving back to her community by volunteering with local non-profits, and spends her free time walking her dog and exploring all the food and drink Bellingham has to offer.
– University of Washington (LL.M. in Taxation, 2011)
– Quinnipiac University (J.D., Tax Concentration with Honors, 2009)
– University of Washington (B.A., History of Art, 2006)
Admitted to Practice:
– Washington State, 2009
– Washington State Bar Association, Member
– Whatcom County Bar Association, Treasurer (2014 &2015) and Member
– LAW Advocates, LTO Committee (2013-present) and Street Law Volunteer
– Downtown Bellingham Partnership, Treasurer and Board Member
– Washington Women Lawyers, Member
– Northwest Washington Estate Planning Council, Member
– Staff Attorney with Archer Halliday, PS CPAS, Bellingham, responsible for the preparation of individual, corporate and non-profit organization tax preparation as well as review of completed returns. Handled all aspects of responses to IRS notices, letters, fines, and audits. Advised clients on tax planning matters including coordination with estate, gift and business planning.
– Student Attorney with Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic, Quinnipiac and Seattle. While a student, Olivia advised clients on a wide-range of tax issues, including federal, state, small business, and family tax concerns. Her duties included negotiating with the IRS, coordinating with opposing counsel, evaluating potential clients, and communicating with clients.