Kirsten practices in the areas of business and employment law and brings over 20 years of legal experience to her work. She joined Barron Smith Daugert, PLLC in 1998 and became a partner in 2004. She takes a practical, solution oriented approach to all aspects of her practice.
Kirsten advises businesses, large and small, often serving in a general counsel role. Her business work includes entity formation and structure, general corporate governance, contract drafting and review, transactional work and ownership disputes.
Kirsten represents both employers and employees in all aspects of the employment relationship. She has represented employers with as few as three employees and as many as 500 employees. Her employment practice includes representation of unionized and non-unionized employers.
- Civil Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for Grays Harbor County
- Associate with a boutique Northern Virginia firm, Chadwick, Washington, Moriarty, Elmore and Bunn, PC, working in the area of community association law, including general corporate advice and real estate and land use matters
- Law Clerk to the Honorable John A. Petrich of the Washington State Court of Appeals (Division II) and the Honorable Lawrence S. Margolis of the United States Federal Court of Claims Washington, D.C.
Certified in Internal Investigations – Council on Education in Management in association with The George Washington University
James Madison University (B.A. 1987)
University of Richmond T.C. Williams School of Law
- Law Review
- Moot Court Board
- ABA-ALI Writing Competition, Winner
- Carrico Moot Court Competition, Winner
- Washington State Campaign For Equal Justice Commission, current Board Member and Chair
- Washington Citizens’ Commission on Salaries for Elected Officials (WCCSEO), current Board Member
- Washington State Access to Justice Board of Directors , current Committee Member and prior Chair
- LAW Advocates, pro bono/access to justice, Board Member and prior Chair
- YMCA, current Board Member
- League of Women Voters – Bellingham/Whatcom County, current Committee Member
- Whatcom FC Rangers, past Board Member
- Washington State Supreme Court Public Trust and Confidence Committee, prior Member
- Southside Soccer Board of Directors, prior Member
- Pickford Film Association, prior Board Member
- Slum Doctor Programme, prior Board Member
- Allied Arts of Whatcom County, prior Board Member
- 2009 Local Hero Award from the Washington State Bar Association
- 2012 Joe Pemberton Award for Service from the Whatcom County Bar Association
- 2015 President’s Award from the Legal Foundation of Washington
- 2016 LAW Advocates Chair’s Commendation Award for Life Time Services to our Community
- 2018 Woof and Whiskers Award
Also find Kirsten at: Crina And Kirsten Get To Work where she and co-host Crina Hoyer discuss topics of relevance to women in the workplace.