Jessica Aurelia Carr
Jessica Aurelia Carr is an estate planning, probate and trust, and elder law attorney. Jessica provides compassionate, respectful counsel with an emphasis on clear and accessible explanations of legal issues that put clients at ease.
Joining Barron Smith Daugert in 2018, Jessica enjoys working with individuals and families, building long-term client relationships, and serving the community both in and outside of her practice. She believes in the power of estate planning for peace of mind and ensuring dignity in times of crisis.
Before joining the firm, Jessica practiced at a boutique trusts and estates law firm and later managed her own law practice in Seattle. She also authored and collaborated on numerous publications in diverse fields including law, policy, and organizational evaluation. For example, Jessica co-authored the 2012 Washington State Bar Association Membership Study.
Jessica enjoys exploring the trails of the Pacific Northwest with her husband Chris and their toddler son.
University of California, Davis, King Hall School of Law (J.D. with honors, 2010)
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence
- Sections Writer and Copy Editor, Journal of Juvenile Law and Policy
University College Dublin, Ireland, Sutherland School of Law (International Law Program, 2009)
Seattle Pacific University (B.A. magna cum laude, Psychology, and B.A. cum laude, Philosophy, 2005)
Admitted to Practice:
- Washington State, 2011
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington, 2011
Professional Activities and Community Service:
- Jessica speaks at seminars for continuing education and community groups on topics such as estate planning, probate, and trusts.
- Washington State Bar Association, Real Property Probate and Trust Section, Legislative Committee (2018-present); Legislative Research Subcommittee (2014-2016)
- Southeast Seattle Senior Center, Board Member and Vice President (2014-2018)
- King County Elder Law Clinic, Pro Bono Attorney (2012-2014)
- Volunteer Law Clerk for TeamChild and Columbia Legal Services (2010-2012)
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Whatcom County Bar Association, Member
- Skagit County Bar Association, Member