Over two decades of experience and knowledge in workplace law, organizational leadership, political advocacy, institutional representation, complex multi-party dispute resolution, negotiation, and labor relations. Representing governmental entities, labor unions, non-profits, small business, and employees.
- Unfair Labor Practice Representation
- Contract Negotiation
- Grievance Handling
- Contract Interpretation
- Partnership Building
- Labor Relations Training and Development
- Disability Accommodation
- Paid Leave
- Antidiscrimination and Retaliation Prevention
- Workplace Policies and Procedures
- Navigation of Discipline
- Severance Agreements
- EEOC and WA State Human Rights Compliance
- Employment Contracts
Independent Workplace Investigator:
Association of Workplace Investigators Certificate Holder (AWI-CH)
- Public and Private Sector
- Union Environments
- Workplace Discrimination
- Abuse of Power
Her experience includes acting as Senior Legal Counsel representing a professional aerospace union consisting of nearly twenty-three thousand professional aerospace workers, over a decade of Lead Labor Negotiator experience, and service as the Director of Training and Development for thousands of public sector professional and technical employees in Washington and Oregon.
In these capacities she supported the resolution of countless workplace conflicts through reasoned counsel, negotiation, advocacy, mediation, administrative hearings, and arbitration including settlement of interest and non-interest arbitration contracts, unfair labor practice disputes, complicated health care agreements, and complex classification compensation wage contracts.
Carrie is a graduate of Fairhaven College’s Law, Diversity, and Justice Program, and earned her Juris Doctorate from Mitchell Hamline School of Law with a focus on Labor and Employment Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Admission to Practice:
- State of Washington, 2016
- State of Minnesota, 1998 (Inactive)
- Independent Workplace Investigations’ AWI-CHI Certificate holder, 2018-present.
- Certificate of Accomplishment Becoming a Labor Arbitrator, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Services, 2016.
Washington State Bar Association Board of Governor Appointments:
- Diversity Committee 2016-2018
- Association of Workplace Investigators
- Washington State Bar Association
- Whatcom County Bar Association
- Skagit County Bar Association
- Latinx Bar Association
- Whatcom Women Lawyers
- WSBA Labor and Employment Law Section
- Washington State Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Conference Panelist, 2019
- Candidate for Washington State Senate, 2019
- Labor Studies Senior Adjunct Professor Western Washington University, Fairhaven College, 2019
- Bellingham City Club Panelist- Sexual Harassment and #MeToo- April 2018
- Washington State Bar Association- Decoding the Law: #MeToo- March 2018
- Law Advocates Volunteer, 2018 & 2019
- Committee to Elect Judge Cecily Hazelrigg Hernandez 2018