Aaron M. Rasmussen
Aaron is an experienced estate planning, probate and trust administration, guardianship, and elder law attorney. He assists clients in setting up practical, effective, and understandable legal plans to achieve their desired results. Aaron very much enjoys the opportunity to meet and interact with people from all sorts of backgrounds, and to learn from them as he helps them with their legal needs. Aaron appreciates that setting up a solid estate plan contributes to peace of mind as to the future, which in turn contributes to ease and enjoyment in the present.
Aaron also works with clients to navigate the legal issues arising from the death or disability of a loved one, with strong attention to efficiency, precision, and respectfulness. He seeks to understand the needs of the client, as well as the disabled family member where that is the case, to address those needs, and to simplify the legal process as much as possible. Aaron believes that his experience with estate administration and guardianship is in turn essential to his ability to properly advise other clients at the planning stage.
Before joining Barron Smith Daugert in 2019, Aaron ran a solo law practice in Anacortes for 13 years, with a focus on estate planning and administration, guardianship, real estate, and business law. Prior to that, Aaron worked for firms in Seattle and Anacortes. Over the course of his career, Aaron had the opportunity to gain a broad experience in areas ranging from bankruptcy practice, to criminal trial work, to interning at the Montana Legal Clinic and the University of Washington Low Income Tax Clinic.
When he is not at the office, Aaron is an avid runner, hiker, camper, and mountaineer.
- University of Washington School of Law Graduate Tax Program – L.L.M. (Masters of Law) in Taxation
- University of Montana School of Law – J.D.
- The Evergreen State College – B.A., Liberal Arts
Admitted to Practice:
- Washington State, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2002
- LAW Advocates of Whatcom County – volunteer legal work in the area of estate planning
- Skagit County Volunteer Lawyer Program – volunteer legal work in the areas of estate planning, landlord/tenant, bankruptcy, and guardianship
- City of Anacortes Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission – 12-year commissioner Anacortes
- Community Forest Lands Advisory Board – 6-year board member
- Island Hospital Foundation – 6-year member of Board of Trustees
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Whatcom County Bar Association, Member
- Skagit County Bar Association, Member